Welcome to Duval Audubon Society
Connecting people with nature, conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife.
We are a chapter of the National Audubon Society and have about 1,250 members in Clay, Duval, and Nassau Counties in Northeast Florida. We host monthly informational meetings throughout the year and also offer field trips, special events, volunteer opportunities, and other activities. Please check our calendar of events for a current listing of our upcoming activities. We hope you'll join us!
Please Donate to Duval Audubon!
As a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit, we are grateful for your support. Every contribution helps us continue our work in Northeast Florida!
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (#CH4724) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR DUVAL AUDUBON SOCIETY, A FLORIDA-BASED NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
We are still accepting nominations for our board of directors. We are an all-volunteer chapter governed by a board of directors who work together to plan and coordinate the activities offered by the organization to further our mission, “Connecting people with nature, conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife.”
We currently have board director openings in several areas, including Youth Outreach; Programs; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Volunteers. In addition, we are currently without a Vice President, an officer position that will be critical in the coming year as the current president’s final term will end on June 30, 2023.
Here's what's happening this month:
- Project FeederWatch begins Tuesday, November 1, 2022 (learn more here)
- Field Trip @ Huguenot Memorial Park: 8-11 am, Saturday, November 5, 2022 (register here)
- Bird Walk for Beginners @ Fort Caroline National Memorial: 10 am - noon, Sunday, November 6, 2022 (register here)
- Fall Cleanup @ Joe Carlucci Sisters Creek Park and Boat Ramp: 8:30-11:30 am, Saturday, November 12, 2022 (register here)
- Nature Walk and Volunteer Work Day @ Crosby Sanctuary: 8 am - 12 pm, Saturday, November 19, 2022 (register here)
- Monthly Program (virtual meeting): "Ornitherapy: Not only fun, but also good for you!": 6:30-8 pm, Monday, November 21, 2022 (register here)
- Open House @ Crosby Sanctuary: 8 am - 12 pm, Saturday, November 26, 2022 (no registration needed)
We look forward to seeing you soon!