Calendar of Events
Presenter: Jolie Friedrich, Parks Naturalist Supervisor, City of Jacksonville Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
Location: Heckscher Drive Community Club, 9364 Heckscher Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32226.
Many thanks to Heckscher Drive Community Club for allowing us the use of their clubhouse for this meeting.
Join a City of Jacksonville Naturalist for a presentation about birding while on the beach, with a special focus on nesting shorebirds and sea birds. Improve your identification skills, learn techniques to reduce your disturbance and stay informed on practices you can engage in to help coastal bird conservation.
Jolie Friedrich is a Park Naturalist for the City of Jacksonville and has spent the last five years managing shorebird and seabird nesting at Huguenot Memorial Park. Jolie enjoys hands-on wildlife conservation through her fieldwork and shares her passion with others through education in the City of Jacksonville nature centers. She is also a graduate student in the field of Wildlife Forensics.
Meetings start with refreshments and networking at 6:30 pm and programs at 7:00 pm (unless otherwise noted). We will provide snacks and drinks; please feel free to BYOD (Bring Your Own Dinner) and enjoy it during the program. Please also bring your own cup to help cut down on plastic trash at this event. Thank you!
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).