Calendar of Events
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO EXPECTED BAD WEATHER
Duval Audubon Society's Crosby Sanctuary conservation property is 510 acres of swamp and oak hammock located in the heart of Clay County. Nearly 150 species of birds have been recorded on the eBird list at this park.
Duval Audubon resumes our monthly guided nature walks through the sanctuary from 8:00 am to 9:30 am on the third Saturday of every month (excluding the months of June, July, August, and December). Please wear close-toed shoes or boots (for your safety, no sandals or flip-flops, please), and bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, and a hat if desired.
For those who are willing and able, after the nature walk there is a work day until 12 pm to help maintain the preserve and keep it free of invasive plants and trash. If you are staying for the work day, please also bring work gloves, loppers, scissor-style hedge clippers, or any other trail maintenance type tools if you have them.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are optional per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).