Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect. Thank you!.
Located in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. This park has a creek, oak hammock, and plenty of open space. This is a great place to start birding and hone in some of your skills. The canopy is a great place to find warblers and Barred owls can often be seen roosting on the branches. You will see Eastern Bluebirds swiftly catching insects mid-air or picking them from grass fields.
There is parking by the ball field or by the library.
Bring your binoculars, hat, and water.
LEADERS: Debi Hill & Martha Fethe
LOCATION: Willow Branch Park, 2870 Sydney St, Jacksonville, FL 32205
FEE: No Fee
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).