Calendar of Events
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 25 people, and you must register on our Meetup site to participate.
Join us for an opportunity to bird one of Florida’s most beautiful parks. We’ll meet at the north parking area, fill out sign in sheets, then look for shorebirds on the beach. We can expect to see and study the peeps: plovers, sandpipers, turnstones, sanderlings and who knows what else! There may be some Red Knots or Piping Plovers with bands on their legs. We will also set up the scopes on the boardwalk for a “sea watch,” and look for mergansers, gannets, terns, gulls, and maybe jaegers.
Bring binoculars, a scope if you have one, drinks, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, sturdy walking shoes, and a hat if desired.
Entrance fee is $5 per vehicle, unless you have a state parks pass.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).