Calendar of Events
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 20 people, and you must register on our Meetup site to participate.
Reddie Point is THE hot spot during migration. The Preserve consists of 102 acres with trails and a fishing pier on the St. Johns River.
We'll meet at the parking lot at 8:00 am, fill out the sign in sheet, and then move on to the shoreline and trails. We might see Black-crowned Night Heron; Wood Stork, Red-shouldered Hawk, woodpeckers, buntings and several different kinds of warblers. This is a great field trip for novice birders at the peak of migration.
Other than a portable toilet, there aren't any restroom facilities at this location. Bring binoculars, water, snacks and insect repellent.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, masks and social distancing are strongly recommended. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).