Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect.
Meet at picnic parking area at 8:00 am when the park opens, It’s the first right immediately after the Ranger Station, continue down dirt road and you will end at our meeting area. Make sure you bring sunscreen, hat, water, good shoes, a scope, and of course your binoculars. After we get signed in, it’s bird time!
This park is a must for any birder during any season, it has 1.5 miles of coastal beaches where we can do a sea watch and look for shore birds. The 447 acres of maritime hammock are a great place for migrant and wintering songbirds. A small lake in the middle of the park provides a rookery for wading birds.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES:
* This outing may include vaccinated and non-vaccinated participants.
* Masks are not required at this outdoor event. Please bring a mask in case a situation arises where donning a mask may be warranted.
* If you have any of the following symptoms, do not attend this outing:
- Fever or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat