Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect. Thank you!
Duval Audubon is again leading monthly walks for novice birders at Fort Caroline National Memorial. Of course, experienced birders are welcome too!
Fort Caroline is a great migration hot spot - part of the National Park Service’s Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve; some of the last untouched coastal habitat in northeast Florida. We will bird around the park. Depending on the time of year, we might see painted buntings, migrant warblers, a number of woodpecker species and two or three types of vireo.
Meet at Fort Caroline National Memorial's Visitor's Center, sign in, then get some good birds. Bring your binoculars, water, insect repellent, and snacks.
LOCATION: 12713 Fort Caroline Road · Jacksonville, FL
FEE: No Fee
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES:
* This outing may include vaccinated and non-vaccinated participants.
* Masks are not required at this outdoor event. Please bring a mask in case a situation arises where donning a mask may be warranted.
* If you have any of the following symptoms, do not attend this outing:
- Fever or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat