Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect. Thank you!
Duval Audubon Society's Crosby Sanctuary conservation property is 510 acres of swamp and oak hammock located in the heart of Clay County. Nearly 150 species of birds have been recorded on the eBird list at this park.
Duval Audubon resumes our monthly guided nature walks through the sanctuary from 8:00 am to 9:30 am on the third Saturday of every month (excluding the months of June, July, August, and December). Please wear close-toed shoes or boots (for your safety, no sandals or flip-flops, please), and bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, and a hat if desired.
For those who are willing and able, after the nature walk there is a work day until 12 pm to help maintain the preserve and keep it free of invasive plants and trash. If you are staying for the work day, please also bring work gloves, loppers, scissor-style hedge clippers, or any other trail maintenance type tools if you have them.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES:
* This outing may include vaccinated and non-vaccinated participants.
* Masks are not required at this outdoor event. Please bring a mask in case a situation arises where donning a mask may be warranted.
* If you have any of the following symptoms, do not attend this outing:
- Fever or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat