Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect. Thank you!
Duval Audubon is again leading monthly walks for novice birders at Fort Caroline National Memorial. Of course, experienced birders are welcome too!
Fort Caroline is a great migration hot spot - part of the National Park Service’s Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve; some of the last untouched coastal habitat in northeast Florida. We will bird around the park. Depending on the time of year, we might see painted buntings, migrant warblers, a number of woodpecker species and two or three types of vireo.
Meet at Fort Caroline National Memorial's Visitor's Center, sign in, then get some good birds. Bring your binoculars, water, insect repellent, and snacks.
LEADERS: Pete Johnson and Stephanie Holden
LOCATION: 12713 Fort Caroline Road · Jacksonville, FL
FEE: No Fee
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).