Calendar of Events
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR MEETUP SITE so we know how many to expect. Thank you!
Sweetwater Wetlands Park is not only a place to connect with nature, it’s a way to protect our environment. The park, which consists of more than 125 acres of wetlands and ponds, was created to improve the water quality of wetlands in Paynes Prairie and the Floridan Aquifer.
We will meet near the restroom area and parking lot. Bring your binoculars, water, snacks, sunscreen, and hat. After we sign in, we will walk around looking for Virginia Rail, Purple Gallinule, American Bittern, Snail Kite, and Marsh Wren.
Leader: Martha Fethe
Location: Sweetwater Wetlands Park, 325 SW Williston Rd, Gainesville, FL.
Fee: $5 per car
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).