Calendar of Events
PLEASE NOTE: This outing is hosted by Camp Chowenwaw and you must register in advance to participate. Ages 18 and up.
Join us for a morning of birdwatching at Camp Chowenwaw. We will meet at the Big Cabin and walk one of the trails with local birding expert Jeffrey Graham from the Duval Audubon Society.
We recommend closed toe shoes suitable for trail walking and that you bring the following:
- Binoculars (or borrow a pair of ours)
- Bird Identification Guide or Mobile App**
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
**Two FREE mobile apps that we like:
- Merlin Bird ID by Cornell Lab
- Audubon Bird Guide
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).