Calendar of Events
St. Augustine Road Fish Management Area contains two fishing lakes that are operated jointly by the City of Jacksonville and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). The larger lake drains into New Rose Creek, which connects directly to the St. Johns River. A hidden gem for nature lovers, it is usually empty of everyone except birds. Migrating birds and year-round residents love the lake and surrounding woodlands; the park is an eBird Hotspot where over 110 species have been reported. Join us to clean up this beautiful area and help keep trash from harming the wildlife we love!
We'll supply bags, latex gloves, and grabbers - we just need YOU and your help! Please wear close-toed shoes or boots (for your safety, NO sandals or flip-flops), and clothes that can get dirty.
What to bring:
• A hat
• Sunscreen/bug spray
• Heavy-duty gloves if you have them, and
• a signed waiver form if you are under 18. You may download and bring your completed form with you to the cleanup.
Please sign up so we'll know how many to expect. Hope to see you there!
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, masks and social distancing are strongly recommended.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing)