Calendar of Events
RESCHEDULED FROM SUNDAY, APRIL 18 DUE TO WEATHER FORECAST OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS
The wetlands at Heritage River Road (the road that leads to the Joe Carlucci Sisters Creek Park and Boat Ramp) is a fabulous spot for shorebirds and wading birds, but it's desperately in need of a cleanup! This site is an eBird HotSpot where more than 150 bird species have been reported. Join us to help clean up this lovely spot and help keep trash from harming the wildlife we love!
We'll supply bags, gloves and grabbers, we just need YOU and your help! Please wear close-toed shoes or boots and clothes that can get dirty.
What to bring:
• Face mask covering nose and mouth (REQUIRED)
• A hat
• Sunscreen/bug spray
• Heavy-duty gloves if you have them, and
• a waiver form signed by one of your parents if you are under 18. You may download and bring it with you.
All participants must visit the Duval Audubon Society checkin table at the Joe Carlucci Sisters Creek Park to sign in and receive cleanup supplies.
Please register in advance so we'll know how many folks to expect - we want to make sure we have enough supplies for everyone who wants to help.
COVID-19 NOTE: Please DO NOT ATTEND if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).